Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review: Masquerade (Games Series # 3) by Nyrae Dawn

A biker. A tattoo artist. A love to last a lifetime.

Maddox Cross has always had to be tough. When his father went to jail for murder, the teenager took care of his sister and mother. Now on his own and working security at a night club, Maddox wants to become a tattoo artist-a dream that comes closer to reality when he falls for the hottest, most tatted woman he's ever seen. She's wild and beautiful, and Maddox will do anything to be with her.

Bee Malone came to town to open up her new tattoo parlor, Masquerade. Since being kidnapped as a young girl, Bee has had trouble getting close to anyone. But when she meets Maddox, she sees that under his hard biker's body is the sensitive soul of an artist. What starts out as a sizzling one-night stand soon becomes so much more.

Bee wants Maddox to join her tattoo business, but letting him into her life means revealing all her most intimate secrets. And as the past begins to intertwine with her present, Bee fears their love may not be as permanent as their ink . . .


Expected Release Date: January 7, 2014

Amazon Pre-Order

Barnes & Noble Pre-Order
Goodreads


Review:
I freaking LOVE this lady!! Nyrae Dawn is on the list of my all time favorite authors. I've read almost all of her books and have loved them all, she keeps me coming back for more because I know she will never disappoint. I've loved every book in this series and I can't even say which book I like the best because they each have their own tear jerking beautiful story. This series follows a group of friends and with each story they gain another member to their circle. This book is written in dual point of view, which I LOVE! Nobody can write a male point of view like she can.


I connected with Maddox Cross in a way that I've never connected with a male character before. I see a lot of my self in his characteristics. I understand his need to protect his little sister and take care of her even if she is old enough to take care of herself. I'm the oldest of six so I automatically get the "mom" role. Maddox lives with a lot of guilt about his past, how he let his sister Laney down, how he let his mom down and how he was selfish about what he wanted instead of putting them first. It's been a really long time since he did something for himself, it's been all about Laney these past few years. His only escape from the guilt is drawing, it's his dream to be a tattoo artist, to do something just for himself.

The same can be said for tattoo artist Bee, she's trying to figure out who she is and her place in the world. Her only escape is tattooing, it's what she loves, it's her passion. She doesn't know how to be the person she thinks her family wants her to be, heck she doesn't even know who she wants to be. She just shuts down and refuses to feel anything. Once Maddox walks into her tattoo shop asking for an apprenticeship she has a feeling that things will get complicated but against her better judgment she agrees.

 
The chemistry between Maddox and Bee is OFF THE CHARTS!!! They want to keep this professional, neither one of them has ever been in a relationship before and they don't do complicated. They more time they spend together the more the line they drew starts to get crossed and blurred.

I sat down last night to start reading this book and didn't put it down until the last page was turned, or should I say the last flick of my finger since I was on my kindle, lol. I give this a solid 5 Stars! This whole series is 5+++ Stars. If you've never read anything by this author well that is a shame she has a way with words that will captivate you and draw you into the story.

Check out the rest of the series:

Charade:
Amazon
B&N

Façade:
Amazon
B&N




No comments:

Post a Comment