Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Connected by Kim Karr

What if a ‘Once in a Lifetime’ could happen twice?

Suffering from a past full of tragedy, Dahlia London's soul has been left completely shattered. Happily ever after is a far cry from reality in her world. But, when she is reconnected with her past, the bonds that form are irrefutable.

When River Wilde, lead singer of The Wilde Ones, comes back into Dahlia’s life, the intensity that fires their relationship combined with underlying feelings that have never died lead her to believe she has met her soul mate.

Struggling with confusion as old connections fade and new ones begin, Dahlia's grief begins to lift—but guilt remains. River wants to be the one to mend all that is torn within her.

But with a past that is never really gone, can their future survive?

PLEASE NOTE:
The Connection Series includes the sequel to Connected and it is titled TORN (due out October 1st, 2013). Connected and Torn are a duet! There are four other spin-off novels to come centering around characters introduced in Connected.

Let me start by saying WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED!!! I know I am getting ahead of myself, but I want you to be aware that there may be times when you think this books is just lacking something….but if you can make it to the end, your whole mind frame will change. What you thought you liked or hated will not be relevant anymore and you will be on the edge of your seat dying for the next book. The twist is just that fucked up, and it is a major cliffhanger, so heads up.

Okay, so back to the order my thoughts should be placed in, lol. I just had to get that ending thought out there.

When I started reading, I wasn’t exactly sure where this book would take me. I was drawn in from the moment I realized there would be a rock star present in the story, but something was still missing for me. There are many secrets floating around in the story and by the end I had answers to some, but not all. Not to mention the even bigger secret that gets opened up in the end…I swear, it almost killed me!!

This is a well written love story. It really has most of the aspects that I look for when reading a contemporary romance. The only issue I had with the love aspect is that it moved just a little too fast a some points in the story.

So what didn’t I like? I really can’t pin point. The emotional turmoil and drama really had me going. Of course the rock star had me as well as the moments of darkness that our heroine faces. The only thing I could really say pushed me away was the speed of the relationship. There are parts that just seem to move way to fast for the book and I didn’t really get the chance to connect with the characters at that time. But then there are other times when I felt the connection just fine, so may it’s just the way my brain processes.

I really enjoy a lot of angst in my books. This book didn’t have as much as I normally like, but that’s okay. Sometimes we need a break from all of the drama and angst and just need a fast paced relationship that misses all of the mess, lol. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I enjoyed it even more after the ending and am dying to get my hands on the next one. 3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment