Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Review: Taken by Storm (Give & Take 2) by Kelli Maine

DECEPTIONMaddie Simcoe knows the devastation that comes from keeping secrets. Now, she's desperate to move on from the heartbreak that almost destroyed her -- trading wild passion that once made her knees weak for a life of comfortable stability. But before Maddie can start over, she must return home to put the past behind her once and for all...

PASSION

When Maddie blows back into MJ Rocha's life, nothing will stop him from proving to her that walking away from him was the biggest mistake of her life -- not even the engagement ring she wears. Her every look, every touch tells MJ that the fire that once raged between them still burns hot, and MJ won't give up until Maddie gives in to the inferno.

REDEMPTION

Trapped by a hurricane roaring through Turtle Tear Island, MJ and Maddie find shelter in each others' arms. While the lightning flashes, MJ and Maddie are helpless to fight bonds of desire that tie them together. But just as they're about to surrender to the torturous longing that consumes them both, the storm unleashes violent secrets from MJ's past...secrets that could wash away all MJ and Maddie's hopes of forever...
How do I feel after reading this??? It’s very hard to say. I have many mixed emotions. I knew going in that the book focused on MJ, but was still sad that there was not more Merrick in it. Book 1 focused on Merrick, we had no idea MJ even existed, so I guess it was expected for book 2 to focus on MJ so we could get to know him, but I still realllllly missed Merrick. MJ did however help make up for that a bit. He is very similar to his father, just in a younger stage of his life.

I love this series. Since book 1 I have been pulled in, I expected to stay that way for the entire series, so far, I have not been wrong. I have been captivated and pulled in many different directions by each character and all of the twist and turns of the series.

What’s the good thing about book 2? NO CLIFFHANGER!!! Remember how book 1 left us all like AHHGGGGGG. Book 2 will not do that to you. It will leave you wanting more and more, but luck for us, a novella will be release June 4th J What would get better than that? Lol

I will say, that even though I missed Merrick terribly, it was not unjustified. Getting to know MJ and his story was well needed and it added even more possibilities to the future. I would like to see book 3 be about Merrick and MJ…so maybe a 4 point person POV, lol. Rachel and Merrick and Maddie and MJ. That would be awesome! I think it would give us an awesome storyline since the 2 groups are just now getting to know each other and we can see how their relationships build.

Overall, I am extremely please with this book. I can’t imagine anything Kelli should have changed and can’t wait to see where the next book takes us. I expect that blood should be shed, lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment