Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review: The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

There are some authors that you always just come back for more. Jessica Sorensen is one of those authors for me. I like to think I have been with her since the beginning. I have read all of her books, even before she was published. I would tell people about her and they would be like Jessica who? I eagerly await any new release that she has. I have always seen pure talent in her writing. She leaves me wanting and needing more in every one of her books.

The Secret of Ella and Micha left us desperately wanting more. The Forever of Ella and Micha closed all of those doors. I was utterly satisfied with every chain of events that happened, other than the one time when I may have sent Ashley threatening text about Ella, lol. I was pretty much breathless by the end. Now, don’t let the name fool you, yes forever is in the title, but they have a lot of work cut out for them to get there.

I never looked far enough into the future to realize that maybe one day Micha and I may not be together. A forever? Does such a thing exist?

At first when I started the book, I was a bit worried. I was scared that we may be forced to read yet another cliché. Ella is back in school and now Micha is on the road with his band. The insecurities between both start up almost immediately. I just knew the whole book would be back and forth… he doesn’t love me, she is cheating on me….whew, I am so glad I was wrong! Even though that is part of the book, it is not the basis and over fairly quickly. So if you are like me and feel like this will ruin everything you love about Ella and Micha, fear not and keep reading.

Micha
Remember the love we had for Micha in book 1. I feel he made my heart grow 1,000 times more in book 2. I had no idea I could love him anymore. I even dreamed about him last night! His patience with Ella’s demons really what gets to me. No man in the world can be as patient as Micha. Ella is so up and down. One minute she loves him and is like put it in….the next she is like we can’t do that anymore lets me friends. But that doesn’t stop him. He knows she is the one and only girl for him and always has been. Remember what he said in book 1? All of the other girls were just too keep him occupied until she finally realized what she wanted. He keeps true to that. Since he has Ella now, even through their ups and downs there is never a moment when he thinks he will just find someone else. He wants to make this work. He needs to make this work. Ella needs it to, she just takes a little longer to realize.
Ella



Ella is it for me. The way I feel about her is never going to change. I will love her forever, but I need her closer to me, not thousands of miles away. How am I supposed to tell her, though that I’m ready to begin her future, when I know she has no clue what her future is yet?

On a side note. I love the new covers for the series, but I won’t lie. I loved the old cover of book 1 much better. Who else is with me?

5 stars all the way.



Oh, and let's not forget the best friends Ethan and Lila who have their very own book coming out later this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment