Monday, December 17, 2012

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines


I don't even know where to start with this review....I'm speechless, I'm completely blown away! This is no easy task as I never run out of things to say...EVER, yet here I sit trying to put into words what this book made me feel, how it affected me and I'm finding it a little hard to breathe just thinking about it. Looking at the cover of this book and reading the synopsis I was already worked up and excited over what Abbi had in store for us, trust me when I say that she did not disappoint. I do wish that some of this book was told from Rush's POV, I really wanted to know what was going on in that head of his most of the time. In the beginning he was so mean to Blaire and even though now I understand why, I still wish I could've been inside his head lol. I also have a new book boyfriend to add to the list, yes ladies Rush Finlay is hot, bad boy, book boyfriend material. I thought that Beau Vincent was my forever Abbi Glines favorite, but Rush has given him a run for his money lol.

Blaire has spent the last three years of her life taking care of her dying mother. Giving up all of her friends, relationships and free time to make sure that her mother had everything she needed. After her mother passed away, Blaire is left alone with no one and nothing. She turns to her father who has been absent from her life for the past five years for a place to stay until she can get on her feet. She shows up at her father's new home only to come face to face with her new step brother, Rush Finlay. She is then informed that his mother and her father have flown to Paris. She is now left with nowhere to stay but her truck and no money for food.  
Rush doesn't like that his mother's new husband has left his baggage on his doorstep, he hates that man and his daughter will be just like him, money hungry. Against his better judgement he offers her a place to stay until they get back. He gives her one month to find a job and save enough money to get her on place and by then their parents should be home. The longer she stays the more he realizes that he was wrong about her and it gets harder and harder to stay away. The secrets he holds will tear everything apart and hurt so many people, but she is different from anyone he has ever met and he just can't stop himself from wanting her.

This book wasn't what I expected it to be, it was so much more. I give it 5+ stars. Abbi Glines has outdone herself with this one. I will warn you that she gives us a cliffhanger....I know, I know....WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!!! I was left with a NOOOOOO PLEASE NOOOOO......at the end of the book and my poor little black heart was broken. Yes, there will be a second book coming sometime in March 2013, so not too far away but enough that I am huffing and puffing and pouting. Hahaha!!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one. Cliffhanger?!? I secretly love cliffhangers! Shhh! Don't tell anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH! I know!! Can't WAIT for the sequel!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I'm 50/50 on the cliffhangers....we have a love/hate relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I'm 50/50 on the cliffhangers....we have a love/hate relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I'm 50/50 on the cliffhangers....we have a love/hate relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Book Of 2012 for me read it right before new years, awesome way to end 2012, Love/Hate the cliffhanger glad we get more Rush *swoon*.

    ReplyDelete