Monday, October 1, 2012

UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale) by Chanda Hahn

UnEnchanted was a freebie I picked up a few weeks ago. This book is still free and it is certainly a freebie worth reading! I loved this book and can’t wait to continue with the 2nd book of the series, Fairest.

Poor ol’ Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated. She has crushed on Brody Carmichael from afar for about 2 years…her best friend Nan is the only one that knows about her crush and she plans on keeping it that way…until she is forced to save Brody’s life while on a field trip. She goes from unpopular (she keeps the unlucky and uncoordinated, lol) to hero over night.

With the new fame she is getting from the press, her peers and the rest of the town Mina is brought on all kinds of misfortune. For all of Mina’s life if anything big happens in the Grime family her Mom always forces them to move, Mina never understood why until now…. After saving Brody, Mina is now in the spot light, her Mom is bound and determined they are moving again. Mina finally puts her foot down and tells her Mom no! They are staying her and she will make sure she is told what is going on (whew, she is brave, if my Mom was like we gotta go and I was 16, I would be like okay let’s go, lol).

Mina finds out from her Mom that the Grime family is actually the Grimm family. Her mother changed their name to try and be a bit more conspicuous to this Story(?) she keeps referring too. Mina is confused and begs for more details. Basically Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Mina is now stuck with the curse of trying to outsmart the story so she doesn’t become the next victim as her father and uncle have. To break the curse Mina must finish all of the tales.

Oh! I know the possibilities with this could be endless!! Let me just say the ending pissed me off!! But, it does make me ready to read the 2nd book so I can’t wait! Chanda Hahn also has posted on her blog that we should prepare for a 3rd book of the series, I am excited for that. Like I said the possibilities could go on and on. The Grimm Brothers have over 200 fairy tales, so I expect to see this series continue at least for a few more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment