Thursday, September 6, 2012

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed is for sure in my top 5 BEST READS OF THE YEAR (possibly best reads ever!).


This book taught me so many things. For one, I learned what a slam is and I swear before I die, I will be attending one. I also learned that I LOVE THE AVETT BROTHERS!!! Thank you Colleen for introducing me to them through all of the lyrical references in Slammed.

I promise this book will have you on the edge of your seat, wanting more, and never putting it down. I read it on a Sunday afternoon in a 4 hour sitting.

I am not a cryer, by no means at all. This book had me on the verge of tears, with the 2nd book, Point of Retreat forcing them out. This book stole my heart! My whole heart! It had my undivided attention for 4 hours straight. I was so sad when it was over, only to learn that there is a 2nd book which I immediately moved on to.

There is not much to tell about this book without giving everything away, and we don't want that do we?

Lake is 18 years old and a senior in high school. She moves to a new city with her mom and brother. Her father has recently passed away. She meets a few new friends in the neighborhood before she starts her new school. She has the perfect few days before school starts. On her first day of school she gets the shock of her life!

That's it, sorry! That's all I can give you. If you want more you will just have to read the book. I know you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment